We offer comprehensive tax and legal services to national and international companies established in Spain. We are convinced that the only way to guarantee the success of our clients´ legal affairs is to offer them a specialized, high-quality service in all areas of Corporate Law.
Regarding Administrative Law, we advise both public administrations, organizations and enterprises, as well as private companies.
Drafting of bills and regulations.
Public procurement. Legal advice on public competition. Drafting of specifications.
Public grant and subsidies.
State liability / Liability of Public Authorities.
- Water, mines, mountains, coasts and ports.
- Public authority assets / property.
Public special goods:
- Telecommunications, Energy and Transport.
- Environmental Law.
- Personal Data protection.
Administrative and Judicial Review Proceedings.
EU and Competition
Antitrust administrative proceedings before National and European Authorities.
Assistance and representation in antitrust / competition litigation before National and European Courts.
Antitrust Agreements (distribution, supply, IT permits, price and discount policies).
Advice on application of European regulations in Spain
Commercial and Corporate
- Company Incorporation, liquidation and dissolution
- Secretaries of the Directors
- Bylaw amendments
- Liability of shareholders and directors
- Share Capital increase and Corporate reorganizations
- Shareholders´ Agreements
Mergers and Acquisitions / Private equity / Due diligence:
- Business sale and purchase
- Sale and purchase of assets
- Restructuring of business groups
- Mergers, spinoffs, corporate transformation, contribution of business units
- Legal, labour and tax due diligence
- Joint venture agreements and consortiums
- MBOs and LBOs
- Venture Capital, Private equity
- Investor, debtor and creditor agreements
- Partner agreements
- CCommercial, distribution, supply and logistics contracts
- CService contracts, outsourcing contracts and agreements
- CAgency, franchise, commercial representation
- CFunding and financial management
- CPersonal and in rem guarantees
- CGeneral Terms and Conditions
- CTechnical Assistance and consultancy
- CJoint venture agreements
Cross Border Investments and Exchange Controls:
- Cross Border Corporate Investments
- Cross-border collections and payments
- Enquiries and proceedings before the Spanish “Dirección General de Política Comercial e Inversiones Exteriores”
- Legal advice on unfair practices and retail trade planning
- Antitrust proceedings
Foundations and Non – Profit Entities.
Advising banks, lenders, borrowers, etc., on syndicated loans and refinancing operations
Acquisitionfinance (LBO, MBO)
Project Finance (non-recourse / limited recourse) mainly within the renewable energy sector
Financing of real estate projects
Coordination of international financing transactions (i.e. tax equity transactions in the USA)
Sale and Purchase, options to purchase, land exchanges and other property transactions, including transactions with real estate agencies
Urban Development, building and construction, and other related services
Real Estate financing: project finance
Real Estate investments and divestments
Real Estate and development audits
- Direct and indirect taxation
- Tax consolidation and VAT Groups
- Flexible compensation plans
Taxation of restructuring transactions:
- Mergers, spinoffs
- Acquisitions and sales of companies
- Restructuring of business groups
- Contributions in kind, business unit contributions and securities swaps
- Tax due diligence
- Tax burden minimization of atypical corporate transactions
- Design of tax efficient corporate structures
Real Estate Taxation:
- Investment and divestment in real estate assets
- Planning of real estate developments
Taxation of Personal and Family Wealth:
- Family businesses
- Inheritance Tax
Tax Audits/Tax Proceedings:
- Proceedings before Tax Authorities
- Advice and assistance in Tax Audits
- Enquiries before the General Tax Directorate
- Proceedings before the economic-administrative courts
- Proceedings before administrative courts
- Appeals to the Supreme Court
Taxation of Foundations and Non-profit entities.
Taxation of foreign trade and Customs
International Supply Chain Tax Planning:
- Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Due Diligence of compliance with formal obligations
- International traffic operations and VAT: Exports, intra-Community deliveries of goods (chain sales, triangular operations), and intra-Community acquisitions of goods
- Place where international traffic operations are carried out. Permanent establishments
- Transnational services
- Customs Tax Law:
- Tariff classification
- Customs Value
- Origin of goods
- Free Trade Agreements
- Anti-dumping duties
- Special customs and tax arrangements
- Support in obtaining the status of Authorized Economic Operator
Direct taxation of foreign trade:
- Corporation Tax
- Dividend Repatriation
- Double Taxation Agreements
- Permanent establishments
- Other income earned abroad
- Personal Income Tax
- International posting of workers
- Changes in tax residence
- Exemption of income earned abroad
Tax litigation in foreign trade:
- Proceedings before the Spanish courts and the European Commission
- Issues referred to the Court of Justice of the European Union for a preliminary ruling
Urban Planning and Development
Urban Planning. Planning Instruments.
Housing and urban development public policies. State land assets
Urban Planning and Development. Development Field scope and Intervention Programmes.
Urban development management.
Urban development planning and management agreements.
Urban Planning Control.
Transfer and financing charged against unused large industry land.
Authorization management of large tertiary projects.
Large retail outlet permits.
Urban Planning audits.
Urban Planning agents.
Legal defense in administrative appeals and administrative judicial review.
Industrial and Intellectual Property
Patent and trademark registry: application to national, European and international registries. Trademark protection. Confidentiality Agreements. Copyright registration.
Protection of Distinctive Signs, Inventions and Authors´ rights.
Industrial and Intellectual Property contracts (assignment and licensing agreements, material-transfer agreements: MTAs).
Review of Industrial and Intellectual Property Rights´ status.
Court proceedings regarding trademark/patent invalidity and infringement.